Counselling is a session where the client and the counsellor come together with a common objective of meeting with the clients problem in a more developmental and effective way. This process leads to action on part of the counsellor, personal growth of the client usually occurs and resolution of the problem is an expectation.
It helps people develop deeper self-knowledge, a change of attitude, a modification of self-perception and a modification of the perception of others. This also depends a lot on what kind of counselling is required by the individual. It can be personal counselling or career counselling varying from what is required by the individual. By understanding and interpreting the DMIT-R process and delivery/ communicating the report effectively.
- The career Counselling Enables the students after 10th and 12th, to cope with the change and challenges in life by a careful and proper career planning covering both the domains of education and employment.
- The recipients of career counselling will have a right attitude and approach and can find jobs in their selected career more quickly and will also have a definite advantage over others.
- Career Counselling enables persons to start positively. It enables persons/seekers to resolve the psychological and personal problems in achieving thelong term goals in life
- Career counselling helps individuals to realize their roles and responsibilities on their own to adjust and adopt themselves in accordance with their strengths to the changing technology and processes.
- Since confidentiality is the fundamental requirements in counselling with careful procedures, the client will have a better chance of improving himself/herself by promoting self esteem and self confidence.
- The careers seekers get help in finding the skills and temperaments required for specific jobs and occupation and the counselee’s self description of his/her abilities and personality.
- The career counselling makes a person to have lots of different ideas about their future and to find the most appropriate career path out of all the options available.
- In brief career counselling addresses the following issue systematically and finally empowers the individual in taking a right career decision.
Who Should take Career Counselling ?
- When you want to make decisions about what to do next
- When you have no ideas about your future
- When you have ideas, but are not totally decided
- When you have already decided what you want to do next
- When you become unemployed
Why should take Career Counselling ?
Ultimately to help you to look at the range of options open to you making decisions about your future and draw up a plan of action. Selection of any suitable career requires meticulous care, attention and proper preparation bearing in mind one Before choosing the decision of a career. You need to have a clear perception of your interest, ambition, aptitude, scope & qualifications.
Before selecting your career, it is important to consider your desired interest in it. You need to ask yourself whether you really for doing it or whether you might be going to like it all or whether you will lose your interests in over some time. Your aptitude for that career can also be equally important. Therefore also your ambition.
Without ambition, you cannot climb the step ladder of success to achieve anything in your lifetime. To discover the scope within a particular subject of interest is also very great importance. You should observe whether it’s a new industry. If this is a rare field, think about whether it be as growing? If this is really a growing one, typically the corollary is that you simply will also grow along with an employee.
In a growing field, typically you will find a exploitation to your benefit. Then you need to consider your qualifying criteria and the particular career chosen. As you might be aware, each career Counselling requires some theoretical knowledge & skills which are usually gained through training and education.